So to speak : 11,000 expressions that'll knock your socks off / by Shirley Kobliner and Harold Kobliner, Ph. D.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Clymer Library System.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Monroe County Libraries. (Show)
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Clymer Library||423.13 KOB (Text)||32596000469154||New Books||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9781982163761
- ISBN: 1982163763
- Physical Description: xvii, 269 pages : illustrations (some colour) ; 24 cm
- Edition: First Tiller Press trade paperback edition.
- Publisher: New York, NY : Tiller Press, 2020.
- Copyright: ©2020
"Engage with everyday expressions in a completely different (and fun!) way, with this entertaining and interactive book of common phrases that can turn a humdrum gathering into a raucous game night. We use expressions all the time. When you feel sick, you're "under the weather." When you feel great, you're "on top of the world." You may be fine with "half a loaf," or you may insist on "the whole enchilada." But whether you're a "smart cookie" or a tough one, you--and almost everyone you know--have a veritable smorgasbord of expressions stored deep in your brain"-- Provided by publisher
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||English language > Idioms.